Thursday, May 13, 2010

OMG I Can't Take Much More Of This...

I mentioned before that I had created a DK over on Moon Guard. I also moved one of my level 80 characters over there because thus far I have had pretty good luck in PvP at lower levels and I have also met quite a few people and got to do some RP etc...

So, I am playing my level 80, and as I had mentioned before, the Alliance on this server seriously does not get to see Wintergrasp Keep very often. As a matter of fact, I have tried playing at many different times of the day, and we still can't beat those Hordies back to save our souls.

I want to give the Hordies credit for being a really well formed taskforce of folks, but I think something is wrong, because I know that tenacity should be helping us poor folk out a little here. I have never been in a WG where the other team was able to drive all of us to our grave yard and keep us there. This happened today, and likely it will happen again in 2 hours.

There was a lot of talk in the Battleground channel about how lopsided this server is for Wintergrasp. I haven't been around that long to know myself, but the last two weeks have been Hell, and I have only been able to see the Quartermastes in WG one time since I have been playing there. We won at 4 or 5 am, there weren't even enough of us to run the 10 man VOA dungeon afterwards. I just wanted to spend some marks and whatnot, and this is getting to be tiresome.

The other issues I am having is in the regular BG's. I decided that I will just go ahead and play the "Random Battleground" once or twice each day so I can get the Arena points. Sounds easy enough, except that sometimes it takes 10 games, and sometimes I don't even get any arena points because I can't play that long. So I am sitting at my 175 arena points, of which I need 600 to get some nifty gear without doing the arenas themselves. I have been trying this "Daily" arena point project for about 14 days, which means that I get those points about once every other day.

The really hard part for me is that when I go in there, I actually try to play the "game" as intended. In Warsong, you go get the flag, bring it back, make sure the other guy drops his flag and you win. Pretty simple. Yesterday I see folks chatting the whole time about "Free Honor". Some scumbag was all happy because they logged in to find out they had 70K honor and they weren't even at their computer. I just stayed quiet, because my first thought was I wish I had a Hordie on that server so I could kill them all day long. It gets better. They started going on about some sort of "Clicker" program they were using to get this "Free Honor" and that it was "Legal" because all it does is clicks.

By this time I was just about to spit nails. I don't have any proof of anything, but I do know the number of people that are AFK in Battlegrounds is horible on both sides. Many of the people have no interest in getting the objectives, they just want to "Farm Honor".

In my opinion, if that's all they want, they shouldn't be there. I mean, we are driven to the gear, and we need honor to get it, but I think you should actually have to participate to get the honor. This situation tells me that there is a serious problem with the current system. I have ranted about this kind of thing before, and I will keep on until someone wakes up. Don't give them anything unless they do what they are supposed to do. Its not like it is incredibly difficult to play these battleground skirmishes.

If you tried to run a 5 man instance, and stand in the corner while everyone else went and killed the bosses, you would be kicked. I think there needs to be something like that for BG's as well.

That's all I got.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, this is one of the downsides of the Moon Guard :( It's pretty much a meme how Alliance never has Wintergrasp. Ever.