Thursday, August 20, 2009

Top Of The World Ma!



So according to several sources, the next expansion will be a little less conversation and a little more action. As they say in game, Less QQ, More Pew Pew...

Now, I have been bitching a storm about how they need to make the old lands viable again, and sure enough, I guess they are thinking about that too...

You can see the official Blizz announcement and trailer here for Cataclysm...

Quick! Everone re-roll a Worgen! Oh, and they finally gave Horde a "short" race, (Goblins) how sweet... So much for Stranglethorn Vale discounts!

I absolutely agree that the two oldest continents need life put back in them. Fixing things that have been broken forever, and of course getting the high levels back in there is a very good idea. This actually does things two fold. It allows new players a different, but better experience then we had, and it gives us old players a reason to start from scratch again. You can't discount the fact that new players may not really care about the experience we had. They won't miss anything, because they would never have known anyway. Old players will have a reason besides the auction house to get the hell out of Lagaran, and do something more productive. If Bliz finds a way to reward us for helping out the new players, I bet you would see a lot of that going on too.

The ability to fly on the old continents will in fact be a major boon for the game. I can't even tell you how many times I have had to go back and complain about not being able to fly around in the old lands. It again gives us a reason to be there.

The new dungeons and stuff, great, if that's for you. I would rather be able to do the quests and level a lowbie to 80+ as fast as I can doing quests. I never did and probably would never do the dungeons anyway, but I can only imagine that those folks that like that sort of thing will enjoy it.

I have so many friends that level and level, and never even play their 80 characters. To me, changes like that would be excellent.

I still think they need to reconsider doing Outland in that expansion as well. That place is so huge and has a lot to offer, but since the level cap was moved, we have no reason to look at it much past Terrokar Forest. Okay, sometimes I fly around just to see stuff I missed playing my original character, and once in awhile I do the fishing daily, but that's about it.

So, when we get the offical word, I am sure I will have more to say about it.

For now, that's all I got.

No comments: