Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gripped by Wintergrasp...

Another bad patch day, and apparently Wintergrasp was causing the server to crash when a faction "won" the game. The primary joke on our server is that it was crashing because the Alliance won, and this was by Alliance characters. Which most of us who play know that when it comes to BG's, Alliance is usually NOT victorious.

Now, I don't know the details, and I don't read the forums, but what this meant for me and many other folks is that we couldn't play most of the day again. My plans for world domination and level 80 were crushed by crazy world server malfunctions.

The interesting part of today is that I logged in with my long time favorite old school character Cardinal Fear... He is still just a level 6, but it was amazing how many other level 6 Dark Elf Warlock and Priest characters were also out there in Shadowmoon with me standing around chatting about how Northrend's servers kept crashing. I am sure they have either put something in place now or turned Wintergrasp off, but either way, I was a bit annoyed that I didn't get to play much last night.

A couple of other observations, is that there seems to be some confusion over the Death Knight creation changes, and there seems to be some reputation blocks on buying pets that were said to be removed. Again, I don't read all the forums and don't have any other details. I just speak for myself and what I saw...

More to come, gotta see if they went into maint again this morning.

No comments: