Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Well, Thanks Man! That Was Cool!

I was just checking some links on my page here and come to find out the folks that were hosting all of the BV Audio Show's have decided to go offline.

I was reading the farewell speech from Viceroy and he had a nice comment for me: "I can only hope that just like Fear of BattleVortex.com inspired me, that my work and others who worked at UORadio will inspire others to pick up the reigns and continue this legacy. Fear, should you someday read this, I salute you for your contributions you've made and you will always be missed."

View the entire UO Radio farewell here.

Well thank you Viceroy! I wish that when we had met I was able to go forward with the projects that we had planned. Unfortunately time and money has forced a different plan for us. Maybe someday we can once again wield the reigns of immortality in radio cyberspace. For now, my only hope is that I can continue to get my life and my goals back in order. I hope you find what you are looking for and I am glad that what I did with BV Audio inspired such a wonderful program as your UO Radio.

You don't know how much I would love to do Internet radio again. Right now the cards just don't want to play in my general direction. I am happy that I have been able to return to MMOG's and I am grateful that I am playing a game who happens to be lead by one of my own friends and co-hosts of BV Audio from the days of UO.

A lot of people don't talk anymore about much of anything in the world of corporate MMO's anymore, but I have to say I am proud of Pete "Adrick" Warner and Tom "Evocare" Chilton for their contributions in both the BV Audio Shows and now working for some major players in the gaming universe. (Their aliases may have changed, but we remember where they came from.)

I hope someday, I can aspire to accomplish the goals that these two have in their lifetimes starting out as avid UO players on the same UO server as myself. (GO NAPA VALLEY!!! WOOT!)

Well, hopefully, I can find a place to put my archives, and once again keep the memory of what was alive and kicking.

Thanks again Viceroy! You comments mean a lot!

No comments: